Welcome to Jack London State Historic Park! Once known as Jack London’s “Beauty Ranch”, the Park’s 1400 acres include The Londons’ Cottage, the House of Happy Walls Museum, the Wolf House ruins, the historic ranch buildings, and over 29 miles of trails. We recommend that you allow 3 hours to visit. The Park is located about 1.5 hours north of San Francisco in Glen Ellen, California, between the towns of Sonoma and Santa Rosa.
- From San Francisco: North on Hwy 101, East on Hwy 37, North on Hwy 121, North on Hwy 116, Right on Arnold Drive, Left on London Ranch Road.
- From Sonoma: West on Hwy 12, Left on Madrone Road, Right on Arnold Drive, Left on London Ranch Road.
- From Santa Rosa: From Hwy 101, East on Hwy 12, Right on Arnold Drive, Right on London Ranch Road.
9 am–5 pm Park hours
10 am–5 pm Museum hours
Noon–4 pm Cottage hours
Thanksgiving Day: Park and Museum are open
Christmas Day: Park is closed
New Year’s Day: Park, Museum and Cottage are open
$10 Vehicle entry fee
$49 Annual Pass (Click here to purchase an annual pass.)
$50 10-24 passenger vehicle
$100 25 or more passenger vehicle
Cottage Entry Fees
$3 for adults
Children age 12 and under enter free
Group Picnic Site Day-Use Fees (click here)
Event Venue Rental Fees (click here for more information about the sites)
- Golf cart service is scheduled on weekends from noon to 4 pm for visitors needing assistance. To request additional accessibility services please contact the Park office 707-938-5216.
- Picnic sites in the Beauty Ranch have ADA approved tables. The Oak Grove picnic site is accessible by an ADA approved path.
- The House of Happy Walls Museum is accessible via wheelchair lift to the first floor. The second floor of the Museum is accessible only by stairway.
- The Cottage is wheelchair accessible.
Handicap accessible restrooms with running water are located in the Museum parking lot. Handicap accessible portable restrooms are located in the Ranch parking lot, in the Eucalyptus grove near the Oak Grove group picnic site and on the trail to the Wolf House ruins.
Jack London Park is a wildlife sanctuary, therefore dogs are only allowed in designated historic areas including the Beauty Ranch area and on the trail to Wolf House Ruins but NOT on any other trails.
Due to fire danger, smoking is allowed only in the 2 paved parking lots. Please use the provided ashtrays to extinguish all smoking materials and prevent wildfires.