April 27 and May 4, 2019
Two-Day Volunteer Training for all assignments except Trail Patrol, Hike Leader and Hike Sweep, and Park and Trail Maintenance
May 31, 2019
Volunteer training for Trail Patrol, Hike Leader and Hike Sweep, and Park and Trail Maintenance
Whatever your talents or interests, we have volunteer opportunities for you. Initial training is provided and periodic docent enrichment events feature speakers who provide more insight into specific aspects of park history or ecology.
- Lead historic tours or nature hikes.
- Be a docent in the Museum or Cottage.
- Process fees and provide information and directions in the Park entrance stations.
- Provide information and sell merchandise in the Museum bookstore.
- Assist with mailings and other administrative projects.
- Assist with trail and Park maintenance projects.
- Work in the Cottage garden.
- Patrol the Park trails on your own horse or on foot.
- Assist with special events.
- Play the 1901 Steinway grand piano at the Museum.
- Drive the electric cart to assist visitors.
- Be a member of the “Green Team” recycling program.
No experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn and the desire to share that knowledge with our visitors. We ask for 4 hours per month of volunteer service. Volunteers earn annual park passes.
Join us! Together we can help make the parks thrive and provide great experiences for park visitors.
To learn more contact:
Susan St. Marie
Director, Program and Volunteer Management