Become a Volunteer
Jack London and Sugarloaf Ridge State Parks
The next Volunteer training will be in July and August 2016
Whatever your talents or interests, we have volunteer opportunities for you. Initial training is provided and periodic docent enrichment events feature speakers who provide more insight into specific aspects of park history or ecology.
- Lead nature hikes or historic tours
- Lead school groups on educational tours
- Work as a docent in the Museum or Cottage at Jack London SHP
- Work in the park entrance stations
- Work in the visitor center at Sugarloaf Ridge SP
- Assist with mailings and data entry
- Work on research projects and assist in writing grants
- Assist with trail and park maintenance projects
- Work in the Cottage garden
- Patrol the park trails on your own horse, bicycle or on foot
- Assist in Special Events
- Play the 1901 Steinway Grand Piano at the museum on weekends
- Drive the golf cart to assist visitors on weekends and during events
- Be a member of the "Green Team" recycling program
No experience is necessary, just a willingness to learn and the desire to share that knowledge with our visitors. We ask for 4 hours per month of volunteer service. Volunteers will earn annual day use park passes.
Join us! Together we can help make the parks thrive and provide great experiences for park visitors.
To learn more contact
Susan St. Marie
Director, Program and Volunteer Managment