Jack London State Historic Park offers private guided tours for K-12 schools and adult groups:
March 1 to November 30 -- Monday through Friday
December 1 to February 28 -- Monday, Thursday, and Friday
All private tours require advance online reservations at least 14 days before the requested tour date.
We offer 5 different private group tours on weekdays when the park is open:
• The Cottage & Beauty Ranch tour is offered from 11:00am to 2:00pm and includes the Museum and Cottage as well as a guided walk to the Pig Palace, winery ruins, and stone barns. This tour is only offered to groups of 20 visitors or less due to limited space inside the Cottage.
• The Beauty Ranch tour is offered from 10:00am to 2:00pm and includes the Museum, as well as a guided walk to the Pig Palace, winery ruins, and stone barns. Maximum group size is 80.
• The Wolf House tour is offered from 10:00am to 2:00pm and includes the Museum as well as a half-mile walk to the Wolf House and the grave site. Maximum group size is 80.
• The Senior tour is offered from 11:00am to 2:00pm and is designed for visitors with limited walking ability that arrive by bus. The tour group will visit the Museum and then move by bus to the Beauty Ranch for a tour of the Cottage interior. For visitors who need assistance, we can provide rides on our electric cart. Be sure to request the cart in advance to assure the availability of a cart driver. The maximum group size is 20.
• The Self-Guided tour is designed for school groups that arrive with teachers able to lead an interpretive walk without a park-provided docent. These tours do not include a tour of the Cottage interior. Large groups will be divided into smaller groups of 20 visitors or less for entry into the Museum.
For all group tours, we will schedule one tour guide for every 15 to 20 visitors. Shortage of tour guides may at times result in larger groups.
All private guided tours meet in the parking lot near the Museum, which is to the left of the park entrance.
Each tour is approximately 2 hours in duration. Our tour guide will meet your group rain or shine, unless you cancel. If you decide to cancel for any reason, call 707-938-5216 as soon as possible. All scheduled private group tour reservations are posted online. Please check the schedule to determine if your tour date is still available.
Only online reservations are accepted and they must be submitted at least 14 days before the requested tour date. You will receive an e-mail response to inform you of the status of your request. By submitting a group reservation form, you are agreeing to the park rules outlined in the Group Leader's Guide. Reservations are not final until you submit payment and receive an e-mail confirmation.
Please Check the Private Tour Schedule to determine if the tour date is already reserved. We can only accept one private group tour for each day.
Adult group tour fees are $50 for the first 20 visitors, plus $2 for each additional visitor.
School group (K-12) tour fees are $20 for the first 20 visitors, plus $1 for each additional visitor.
The park entrance fee is $10 for cars; $50 for buses with 10-24 passengers; $100 for buses with more than 24 passengers.
The park entrance fee may be waived for school groups with advance reservations.
School groups without a reservation must pay the park entrance fee and may not gain access to the Museum if another group holding a reservation is in the park at the same time.
The park entrance fee, if applicable, is payable at the park upon entry.
Explore! Play! Learn! – A planning and resource guide for connecting students with California State Parks -
Video Tour of the Park.
Groups may borrow a 20-minute DVD video which describes features and history of the park. The video includes a brief biography of Jack London, many quotes, photographs, historic film clips, and subtitles for the hearing impaired. Use the tour reservation form to request the park DVD and allow 2 weeks for delivery by mail. The $12 deposit will be refunded when the DVD is returned to park staff. The DVD is also available for purchase at the park museum.