Jack London State Historic Park offers private guided tours for K-12 schools and adult groups:
March 1 to November 30 -- Monday through Friday
December 1 to February 28 -- Monday, Thursday, and Friday
These tours require advance reservation at least 14 days before the desired tour date.
There are 5 different tours available:
• The Cottage & Beauty Ranch tour is offered from 11:00am to 2:00pm and includes the Museum and Cottage as well as a guided walk to the Barns, Winery Ruins, and Pig Palace. This tour is only offered to groups of 20 visitors or less due to limited space inside the Cottage.
• The Beauty Ranch tour is offered from 10:00am to 2:00pm and includes the Museum, as well as a guided walk to the Barns, Winery Ruins, Pig Palace, and Silos. Maximum group size is 80.
• The Wolf House tour is offered from 10:00am to 2:00pm and includes the Museum as well as a half-mile walk to the Wolf House and the grave site. Maximum group size is 80.
• The Senior tour is offered from 11:00am to 2:00pm and is designed for visitors with limited walking ability that arrive by bus. The tour group will visit the Museum and then move by bus to the Beauty Ranch to visit the Cottage. For visitors who need assistance, we can provide rides on our golf cart. Be sure to request the golf cart in advance to assure the availability of a cart driver. The maximum group size is 20.
• The Self-Guided tour is designed for school groups that arrive with teachers able to lead an interpretive walk without a park-provided docent. These tours do not include a tour of the Cottage interior.
For all group tours, we will schedule one docent for every 15 – 20 visitors. Shortage of docents may at times result in larger groups.
All private docent guided tours meet in the parking lot near the Museum, which is to the left of the park entrance.
Each tour is approximately 2 hours in duration. Our docents will meet groups rain or shine, unless you cancel. If you decide to cancel for any reason, call 707-938-5216 as soon as possible. All scheduled private group tours are posted on-line. You may check the schedule to determine if your desired date is still available.
Only on-line reservations are accepted and they must be submitted at least 14 days before the desired tour date. You will receive an e-mail response to inform you of the status of your request. By submitting a group reservation form, you are agreeing to the park rules outlined in the Group Leader's Guide. Reservations are not final until you submit payment and receive an e-mail confirmation.
Please Check the Private Tour Schedule to determine if the desired date is already taken. We can only accept one private group tour for each day.
Adult group tour docent fees are $50 for the first 20 visitors, plus $2 for each additional visitor.
School group (K-12) tour docent fees are $20 for the first 20 visitors, plus $1 for each additional visitor.
The park entrance fee is $10 for cars; $50 for buses with 10-24 passengers; $100 for buses with more than 24 passengers.
The park entrance fee may be waived for school groups with advance reservations.
School groups without a reservation must pay the park entrance fee and may not gain access to the museum if another group holding a reservation is in the park at the same time.
The park entrance fee, if applicable, is payable at the park upon entry.
Video Tour of the Park.
Groups may request the loan of a 20-minute DVD video which is an excellent preview of the park for visitors. The video includes a brief biography of Jack London, many quotes, photographs, and historic film clips. Each major feature of the park and its history is described. The video also features subtitles for the hearing-impaired. The park DVD may be requested on the reservation request form. We will mail the DVD so please allow 2 weeks for delivery. There is a $12 deposit which will be refunded when the DVD is returned to park staff. The DVD is also available for purchase at the park museum.